How cool is this!!
Friday, 30 March 2007
Most of you already know the map function of Google. It is a really cool function. You just have to enter the address of your current position and destination and google gives you the directions to there. You can see the road map, satellite or both at the same time. However you should not trust the softwares 100% since they would suggest some improbable things.
Sawyer: "Who the hell is Nikki?"
Hahahah. They are in an out. They brought nothing and revealed nothing. They interacted with most main characters yet impacted no one, and they had little or no effect on the storyline. The most unlikable characters of Lost who were introduced and disliked this season are gone. This episode was shot like "The Other 48 days". We found out the story of Paulo and Nikki like we care. We saw most of the key things in the show from their eyes, like the post-plain crash, like Jack's speech about getting used to live on this island, the hatches and etc. The story added almost nothing to the main plot. We got to see Boone and Sharon which was a lot of fun. We also saw Arzt and Ethan. Ethan wanted them to go inland which was interesting. Also we saw old Locke and remembered how much we missed the old one. The way he advised Paulo was really cool. "Things don't stay buried on this island"
Out of the all murderers on the island, Nikki and Paulo turned out to be the worst in my opinion. As a result, the way they died was also the worst. Buried alive. However we once more noticed the smokey sound just before the spiders raided Nikki. She was about to be paralyzed yet still she buried the diamonds like they matter anymore. As a result she could not tell them clearly that she was paralyzed. Greedy bitch. Nikki was the true evil compared to Paulo even though he hid the diamonds and yeah he sucks at that. He is on a huge stranded island and he hides the diamonds in a toilette of a place which is regularly used? Very clever man. Then he puts them inside his pants. Real genius. Also I was stressed at the fact that they did not mention anything to other guys about the plane, the pearl hatch and everything.
Charlie admits to Sun that he was the one who kidnapped her. A good step for Charlie. I do not understand why people hate Charlie so much. He is just a real person. Real characters are not on the extreme like Jack and Sawyer. Real people have ups and downs and make mistakes and learn from them. That is the reason I like characters like Charlie and Gaius Baltar. Sawyer giving up the diamonds showed us that he does not have any hope left to be rescued. Old Sawyer would have kept them. I like how characters change on this show.
The way Ben explained his tactics about manipulating people was not like him. It was made for us so that we could say "aaaa that makes sense". The Ben we know would not just say I will do this and do that to Jack so that he will want to do my surgery. He just does it.
Last couple of weeks were really good but I did not like this episode. I think the only contribution this episode made was to get these amateurly introduced characters out of the show and we are glad for that.
Thursday, 29 March 2007
Open your eyes people. You will not be able learn about these facts on your own until you are 50. If you are already 50 or older you can just ignore this post.
1. The badness of a movie is directly proportional to the number of helicopters in it.
2. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight-saving time.
3. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
4. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
5. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is: age 11.
6. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
7. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
8. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
9. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.
10. If there really is a God who created the entire universe with all of its glories, and he decides to deliver a message to humanity, he will NOT use as his messenger a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle or in some cases, really bad make-up too.
11. You should not confuse your career with your life.
12. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter/janitor, is not a nice person.
13. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
14. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
15. Your true friends love you, anyway.
16. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
Almost 33% of the American people who took the survey said it is an unnecessity!! Afterwards I talked to these 33% and asked their opinion about Bush and the Iraq war. They were really enthusiastic about the Iraq invasion and how they bring peace and independence to the poor fellas over there. They also mentioned something about Bush being the best leader ever but I am not sure since I was trying to run away at the speed of light..
Haha at last. All the world will be circumcised. WHO (World Health Organisation) announced that circumcision has an effect on HIV protection. According to their tests in Africa, circumcised men have 60% less chance of getting HIV. It is found out that foreskin cells are more vulnerable to HIV infection. So just get rid of it!! Most the people who are not circumcised have great fear about the idea of circumcision. Do not be afraid my friends!! Just a little bit off the edge.
Wednesday, 28 March 2007
Finally the 3rd game of Command&Conquer series Command&Conquer Tiberium Wars hit the stores. I got my hands onto the game but did not have the time to run it yet. You can see my review of the game here sometime at the weekend. If you think you cannot wait that long, you can either download the 1.17gb demo or purchase the game. If you know about the series, you would remember that the trailers and briefings are very important in the game. Well this time we get some surprises. The casting is very familiar. Sawyer from Lost, Number 6 and Athena (Boomer (Sharon)) from Battlestar Galactica, Cameron from House MD and some more familiar faces are starring in the demos and briefings.
The demo gives you the feeling that something big is coming. Hope we can catch the C&C 2 or Red Alert spirit again. Obviously we don't want to see crap like C&C Generals.
The program kicked off yesterday in the notorious Tepito area of the city, and organisers already have 100 computers and consoles to give away to those who give up a weapon. If it works, then the same program will be introduced in nearby Iztapalapa which, much like Tepito, isn't exactly the kind of place you want to be hanging around in at night.
All weapons that are handed in will be mercilessly crushed by the army.
BSG ends the season with a surprising final episode. We finally find out about 4 of the remaining 5 cylons and get a very good idea of the 5th. I found it unprofessionally planned since the creator of the show says that he just decided to make these people cylons, in the last couple of months. They basically made a history check if they fit in cylon prequisites. But we can assume Xena apologized to Tigh when she saw his face because she was the one who tortured him.
And yeah Starbuck is back. omg i am so surprised (sigh).! She found Earth and will take us there. Since the prophecy says a dying leader will take us there, they brought Roslin's cancer back. She will lead the way and die most prolly. As you could guess, Apollo saves Baltar by stating the ugly truth. I think Baltar is the luckiest human being in this universe. If cylons and humans destroy each other with nukes and mass destruction weapons, he would be the last one to survive.
- Our 4 cylons start hearing the same song coming from the ship. All along the watchtower. A cover version of the famous Jimi Hendrix song written by Bob Dylan who are from "Earth". Lyrics are here
- Roslin was having the same visions with 2 of the cylons (6 and Athena) which rises the question of her being the 5th cylon even though everything points to Kara.
- All 4 cylons are patriots which creates more confusion for them.
- We have a short scene of Earth (of course USA particularly)
- There is a big chance that the next season will be the last. I could not have agreed more. Not because I don't love this show but because I don't wanna see episodes like soap operas. Most of the fans love this show for its Science&Fiction and strong characters
- In his interview the executive producer Ron Moore talks about 2 direct-to-DVD episodes which will tell the story of "Battlestar Pegasus". These stories will be linked to the upcoming season
With global warming becoming rapidly a more important problem, it is crucial to use recyclable material. The innovative Ecopod produces coffins from recycled paper. Maybe we can ask them to use recycled newspaper on our coffins so that we can read something when it gets boring down there. For various innovative coffin designs:
HOWTO make a cheap coffin out of Ikea parts
Hot-rodder buried in tricked-out coffin
Coffins woven from wicker